Let Cascade Licensing help you with all your vehicle licensing, titling and registration needs!

We can help with:

  • License Plates- New, Replacement, Transferring, & Special
  • Titles- Transferring Ownership, Replacement, Quick Titles
  • Registration- New to Washington, New Vehicle (All Types)
  • Vehicles, Boats, Motorcycles, ATV’s/ORV’s, Recreational Vehicles, Snowmobiles, & Trailers 

New Resident

Please bring:

  • Unexpired Washington State Driver’s License, unless you meet an exemption
  • Your current Title
  • Payment

You may need:

  • Odometer Disclosure Statement* (For cars less than 10 years old)
  • Bill of Sale (if registered in another state and owned for less than 90 days)
  • Vehicle Weight Slip* (If your vehicle weight isn’t listed on the title)
  • Proof of paid sales tax (Applies to RV’s Motor Homes, Trailers, Boats 7 ORV’s)
All 2009 and newer vehicles must meet the Clean Car emission requirements.
*These forms are not available online, but we have them available at our office.

Replacement Plates

Please bring:

  • ID, such as your Washington State Driver’s License
  • Your current License Plate Number or Registration
  • Payment

Transfer Plates to another vehicle you own

Please bring:

  • A copy of the Registration for the vehicle you want the plate transferred to
  • License Plate Number you would like transferred
  • Payment

Did you know?

You only have 30 days to register your vehicle after you've moved to Washington State.

Specialty Plates

We do not issue specialty plates in our office, but we can help you determine the correct cost so that when you mail in your form it is accepted.

If ordering Personalized or Specialty Plates, you will need to complete THIS FORM and mail it, along with payment to:

Application and Issuance, Department of Licensing
P.O.Box 9909
Olympia, WA 98507-8500

For personalized plates,  CLICK HERE to see the requirements and verify if what you want is available, before sending in your paperwork.

Don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions, we are happy to help instruct you over the phone.


So you've got a new vehicle? Congrats!

If you bought your vehicle from a Washington State dealership, there’s good news-they will transfer the ownership into your name for you. They have up to 45 days to do this.

If you were gifted a vehicle or bought it from a private seller, you have 15 days to transfer ownership in to your name before penalty fees start to accrue.

To transfer ownership, please bring:

  • Title signed by previous owner, releasing interest
  • Vehicle Bill of Sale (Completed by you and the former owner)
  • An odometer statement signed by the previous owner, if the vehicle is less than 10 years old
  • Payment

You may need:

*This form is not available online, but we have them available at our office.

Replacing a Lost/Destroyed Title

Please bring:

  • License Plate Number or VIN Number of the vehicle
  • ID, like a Washington State Driver’s License
  • All owners must be present
  • Payment

Quick Titles

If you need a title given to you immediately, bring the Plate Number or VIN Number and payment to our office. A higher fee applies for this expedited service. Please note that all owners must be present.

Quick Titles are not available for vehicles or boats that have been reported stolen, are insurance or wrecker destroyed vehicles or boats, or vehicles with “WA Rebuilt” on the title.

Don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions, we are happy to help instruct you over the phone.

Did you know?

You have 15 days after buying or receiving a vehicle as a gift to transfer ownership into your name or additional fees up to $125 may accrue.

Selling your vehicle

What to do:

  • Remove license plate from the vehicle
  • Gather the information you’ll need
  • File your Report of Sale,
    you can do this at our office.

Please bring:

  • License plate number
  • Date of sale or transfer
  • Sales price
  • Name and address of the buyer or transferee
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • Payment

Other vehicles & Vessels


You must register and title your boat within 15 days of purchase, or within 60 days of moving to Washington State. If you purchase from a dealership, they will register it for you.

Please bring:

  • Current title signed by previous owners, releasing interest
  • ID, like your Washington State Driver’s License
  • Payment

If new to Washington State, please also bring:

  • Out-of-state Title
  • Proof of paid sales tax
  • A valid ID

To renew registration, please bring:

  • Current registration or WN#
  • A valid ID
  • Payment


Follow the steps under “Titles” above for the correct documentation to bring. You may also need:

Campers and travel trailers

Follow the steps under “Titles” above for the correct documentation to bring. 

Modified Off-road Motorcycles

If your off-road motorcycle has been made street legal, you may get a license plate for 2-wheeled motorcycles. It must have the correct installed equipment and be inspected by a licensed Washington State motorcycle repair shop.

Please bring:

Wheeled All Terrain Vehicles (WATV's) & OFf Road Vehicles (ORV's)

You have 15 days after purchasing or receiving a WATV or ORV to register it. Follow the steps under “Titles” above for the correct documentation to bring.

Did you know?

You have the option to purchase a temporary use permit if you don't want to license your WATV or ORV for a full year.
  • WA residents must have the title for the WATV before they can get a permit
  • The permit is valid for 60 days from the date it is issued
  • The permit isn't transferable and is not for rad use
  • An ORV may be titled without being currently registered to get this permit

Snowmobiles & Snow Bikes

WA State doesn’t title these, but you must register them. You have 10 days to do so.

To register, please bring:

  • A copy of an item from this LIST
  • A valid ID
  • Payment

You may also need to complete:

Don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions, we are happy to help instruct you over the phone.

We're Here To Help You

Contact us if you have any questions.

It can be frustrating trying to figure out which documents and services are required by law and nobody wants to spend their day standing in a long line at the DMV. It’s even more frustrating when you give up or don’t sort it out and Law Enforcement issues you an expensive citation.

Don’t let that happen to you!

Let us help you navigate the system, to make it as smooth and painless as possible. Together, we can make sure you have what you need when you arrive, so you can move on to focusing on the things that really matter to you.
Scroll to Top